Good Morning Knowlton Community,
I hope all is well for you and your family. My name is Lisa Larkin Ronnenkamp, and I am the new principal at Knowlton Elementary. My name is changing, and I will go by Ms. Ronnenkamp. It is my honor and privilege to serve at this wonderful school with an amazing staff. I look forward to getting to know the students and community and thank you for all your involvement in public school. I cannot express my excitement to be here!
I have been with Davis district for over twenty years and started my career as a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teacher. I have also had the pleasure of mentoring new teachers, working with implementing effective language arts curriculum within the schools, and supporting school communities, staff, and students as an assistant principal and principal.
About Ms. Ronnenkamp
· My family loves all things Disney
· I never pass up a candy store
· I’m a former BYU Cougarette
· 3rd year as a principal
· 3 daughters and a Yorkie puppy named Gigi
· I love theatre musicals and reading mystery books
Here are some important upcoming dates:
· August 9 - Class lists will be available online through your myDSD account.
· August 19 - 2:00-3:00- Open House for parents and students for all grades except kindergarten. Come to school, find your classroom, and meet your new teacher!
· August 20 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Early out schedule.
Flag Ceremony - 8:45 behind the school- All teachers, students, and parents will meet behind the school. I am asking all parents and students to line up in the back of the school. You will see each teacher out back with a large sign with the grade level and teacher name waiting to greet your student. Please find your teacher and wait there with them. This is a great time to talk and get excited about the first day!
At 8:45 I will welcome everyone and we will have a short flag ceremony and recite the Pledge of Allegiance as a school. I will then dismiss each grade to head into the building. I am asking for parents, except kindergarten, to say goodbye to your children outside so that once they enter the building, the teacher can take them to the classroom, welcome them, and start right away with procedures, expectations, and learning. Kindergarten parents, please look for the schedule from your student’s teacher for our first week of school.
· August 22 - Back to School Night- This will be for parents. We will not have a general session. PTO, Kitchen, etc… will have booths for parents to stop at.
First Classroom Presentation Session- 5:30-5:50
Second Classroom Presentation Session- 6:00-6:20
This year is going to be spectacular, and I’m excited to spend it with all of you!